|Job Title||Emergency Medical Technician *|
|Location||Charlotte, NC*||*Position is based out of Charlotte, NC|
- Performs BLS and ALS assist emergency medical, traumatic, psychiatric care and stabilization for pts. on accident or illness scenes and during transportation to medical facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on medical protocols and assessment of patient condition, provides basic life support; including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, administering oxygen, controlling bleeding, applying bandages, application of splints, and obtaining vital signs.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher, drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location and is proficient in mapping and navigational skills
- Provides ALS logistical support for paramedic partner with patients requiring higher levels of care.
- Writes complete and accurate Epcr report documentation for each patient cared for.
- Cares for patients in psychiatric crisis (including S.I. and H.I. pts) providing medical, traumatic and therapeutic communication.
- Assists paramedic partner with emergency scene management coordinating with other emergency services as well as communicating with pts. and their families.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current EMT-B Certification
- Valid Drivers License
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Maintain insurability with Agency's insurance carrier
- Annual Respiratory Fit Testing
- Agency Approved Driving Course
- All Mandatory In-service Training
- Meet or exceed DOT guidelines for operation of commercial vehicles
- Medically fit for duty as determined by Agency appointed physicians (able to perform essential functions of positions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a threat of harm to self or others)
- Able to work flexible hours; able to work holidays, nights and weekends
- This position is considered a critical function within the Agency; subject to call back and overtime if required
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; must be able to adjust to maintain clinical ability regardless of the treatment scene; have dexterity to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands, and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near vision (20/40 or better each eye with or without correction), distance vision (20/40 or better each eye with or without correction), color vision, peripheral vision (at least 70 degrees), depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be capable of safely operating and driving a commercial vehicle in a high stress environment.
- Must learn to adapt to changes without compromise and become proficient quickly
- Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under pressure in medical emergencies
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations
- Must adhere to all work rules, procedures and standards
HIPAA PRIVACY ACT
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job. Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must learn to adapt to changes without compromise and become proficient quickly.
Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details.
Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations.
Must adhere to all work rules, procedures and standards.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.